There are two types of funding that organizations may be eligible for by satisfying the CSO Points System:
1. Basic Funding
2. Special Allocations
CSO Basic Funding for Gold and Basic Funding Organizations
For Returning Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $500, is awarded to all returning student organizations that have fulfilled all CSO registration requirements.
- Gold organizations must obtain a minimum of five (5) points with three of the five points satisfying the CSO general body meeting, organizational monthly report, and special project point categories. The remaining two may come from any of the other optional point categories.
- If a gold returning organization did not satisfy the Points System in the previous semester, they will not be eligible for funds.
- If an organization does not complete the registration process and was eligible for funding, then they will lose their funding eligibility for the following semester.
- Returning organizations must complete registration ever Fall and Spring semester to be eligible for funding
- Funding DOES NOT roll over to the following semester.
For Re-Established Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $150, is awarded to all re-established student organizations that complete the registration process for the semester they begin as a re-established organization.
For New Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $150, is awarded to all new organizations that complete the registration process for the semester they begin as a new organization.
- In the following semester, re-established and new organizations are eligible for $500 if they satisfy the Points System requirements and register as a Gold or Basic Funding Organization.
- If a gold re-established or new organization does not satisfy the Points System, they will not receive funds in the following semester.
For Basic Funding
- Basic Funding Organizations can opt of participating in the points system and still receive funding. If they complete the registration requirements each semester, returning BFOs will receive $500 in basic funding. They will not be eligible for special allocations if they choose this option.
When an organization is awarded Basic Funding, those funds are placed into your organization’s A&S account for use. Organizations must submit a file for funds form through orgsync.com on the CSO portal in order to access the funds and receive approval prior to spending any money. Money spent by the organization without submitting a File for Funds and receiving approval is not eligible for reimbursement. Funding does not roll over between semesters and is not available during the summer.
Special Allocations are requests designed to supplement the cost of an event or program that fulfills an organization’s mission and purpose. The accumulation of points gives a gold organization the opportunity to request additional funding as displayed by the CSO Points Tier System. (This is based on the points earned in the previous semester).
- Returning gold organizations that have earned the appropriate amount of points in the previous semester, including the required point categories, have the opportunity to request Special Allocation funding. The request cannot exceed the amount listed.
- Special Allocation funding is always based on the points earned the previous semester. The Spring 2014 Points tier system is the same as the Fall 2013 points tier system.