CSO Types of Funding
There are two types of funding that organizations may be eligible for by satisfying the CSO Points System:
1. Basic Funding
2. Special Allocations
For Returning Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $500, is awarded to all returning student organizations that have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Earn a minimum of ten (10) points from the previous semester
- Earn at least one (1) point in the required point categories (CSO General Meeting, Organization Monthly Report, Special Project, Communication) from the previous semester
- Complete the registration process each semester—turning in all required forms
- Completion of OrgSync Training by an organization‘s e-board member.
- Attend the President‘s Orientation each semester.
- If a returning organization did not satisfy the Points System in the previous semester, they will not receive funds.
- If an organization does not complete the registration process and was eligible for funding, then they will lose the funding for the following semester.
- Funding DOES NOT roll over to the following semester
For Re-Established Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $150, is awarded to all re-established student organizations for the semester they begin as a re-established organization.
For New Organizations
Basic Funding, in the amount of $150, is awarded to all new organizations for the semester they begin as a new organization.
- In the following semester, the re-established and new organization can be eligible for $500 if they satisfy the Points System and will be considered a Gold Organization.
- If the re-established or new organization does not satisfy the Points System, they will not receive funds in the following semester and will be considered a Blue Organization.
When an organization is awarded Basic Funding, those funds are placed into your organization’s A&S account for use.
CSO Special Allocations
Special Allocations are requests designed to supplement the cost of an event or program that fulfills an organization’s mission and purpose. The accumulation of points gives an organization the privilege of requesting additional funding as displayed by the CSO Points Tier System (See President’s Manual). This is based on the points earned in the previous semester.
- Returning organizations that have earned the amount of points in the previous semester, as shown in the tier system, have the opportunity to request the amount given. The request cannot exceed the amount listed.
- Re-Established organizations can request a maximum of $500.
- New organizations do not have points when they start so they can request a maximum of $1,000.
In order to use the Special Allocations an organization is eligible for, it must submit a completed Special Allocations Request Form to the CSO Executive Board for review at least 3 weeks prior to the event for which the allocation is being requested for.
Special Allocation funds ARE NOT GUARANTEED and are approved based on requirements being met on a first come, first served basis. Once funds are depleted no more special allocation packets will be accepted for the semester.
For more information please see President’s Manual in the Files section of this site.